It is a pleasure to invite you to consider studying at the UNSW School of Education. Our programs provide a very high level of professional development with a strong emphasis on evidence-based practice, based on current, relevant research. Our staff members are leading experts in their field, and offer the knowledge and experience that will be able to equip you in your chosen profession. Below you will find information about the programs currently offered by the School of Education. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the School of Education (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Master of Education programs are designed for educationalists who wish to study at an advanced level to enhance their professional development. The programs offer a range of specialist studies for educational professionals, including qualified teachers, trainers in industry and commerce, and adult educators. Students will gain substantial knowledge and a range of skills related to their field of education.
- Master of Education in Educational Studies - This individually tailored program is designed for educationalists who wish to study at an advanced level to enhance their professional development in a specific area(s) of interest.
- Master of Education in Assessment and Evaluation - A specialist program designed to address increasing demands to explore, critique and contribute to the study of assessment and evaluation.
- Master of Education in Educational Psychology - is a specialist program with a focus on cognitive processes and their implications for teaching techniques and instructional design
- Master of Education in Gifted Education - This program is designed for educators who wish to enhance their knowledge and understanding of gifted education. This rewarding program focuses on contemporary issues involving gifted and talented students as well as the development of curricula and teaching strategies for their learning needs.
- Master of Education in Higher Education - A specialist program designed to address increasing demands to explore, critique and contribute to the study of higher education.
- Master of Education in Special Education - A specialist program designed to address the increasing demands for strategies in teaching children with special needs. The program will focus on learner diversity and inclusive learning as well as behaviour management and research methodologies.
- Master of Education in TESOL - A cross-disciplinary program in Education and Applied Linguistics designed to meet the needs of recent graduates or professionals who work in TESOL or a language education related area. Students engage with key issues and current debates in foreign and second language education in Australia and internationally.
The Master of Educational Leadership is designed to provide aspiring and current educational leaders with an understanding of recent developments in theory, research, policy and practice in educational leadership.
The Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership is designed to provide aspiring and current educational leaders with a short and flexible program which enables them to access recent developments in theory, research, policy and practice in educational leadership.
The Master of Teaching is an accelerated preservice secondary teacher education program specfically designed to support students in their transition into first year teaching and to nuture future leaders of the profession.
The Graduate Diploma in Education is an intensive program consisting of the first three semesters of the Master of Teaching. The program aims to provide strong initial preparation for teaching in secondary schools.
The Graduate Certificate of Teaching is suitable for qualified teachers who wish to teach an additional subject. Students of this degree must have relevant studies in the specialty they wish to study.
Commonwealth Supported Places are avaliable to eligible students for all of our postgraduate programs. For more information please see https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/fees/CSPG.html.
To download the 2013 brochures please click on the relevant area of study below: